Monday, June 25, 2018

Happenings at CCHD: Senior WIC Nutritionist

Happenings at CCHD: Senior WIC Nutritionist

 “The Clinton County WIC Program has been growing healthy families for decades” and I have been working here for a good percentage of those years!  WIC provides an amazing and forever changing environment to work in.  On a daily basis I get to meet and greet new families, including pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants and children up to the age of five.  One thing I love about my job is sharing those oh so precious milestones with our families. The little ones are always quick to offer a great story, laugh or smile to get me through the day. How lucky I am!


One Stop Shop
Who doesn’t like a one stop shop?  The WIC program provides a variety of nutritious foods like milk, cheese, eggs, fruits and vegetables and my co-workers and I provide nutrition education, breastfeeding support and many necessary referrals to other community resources and programs. You can find all of this in one convenient, accessible location – your local WIC clinic! Did you know that we also offer offsite clinics in case you can’t make it to us?

Always Learning
Although WIC stands for Women Infants and Children, some may say it stands for, Wait It will Change.  The WIC program is always growing and adapting, which means I am always learning. As WIC switches from paper checks to the new Electronic Benefit System (EBT)  this fall my co-workers and I will be learning the in’s and out’s. What does this mean for you? An easier and quicker checkout experience for everyone involved…from the WIC participant to the cashier as well as other shoppers in the checkout line.  

It has been a real pleasure for me to meet and serve the wonderful families of Clinton County over the past thirty plus years. Hopefully, I play a small but pivotal part in your lives, like you do in mine. It is truly a sharing relationship. 

For more information on WIC visit http://www.clintonhealth.org/wic.

Arletta Duprey, Senior WIC Nutritionist

HABs – Say Algae You Later!

Being a Clinton County native, summer notifications of harmful algal blooms (HABs) at local beaches are nothing new. Certain places in our ...